How to make change
Know Before You Go
- Retailers only need to accept beverages of the same brand, size and kind (like beer) that they sell. They may take more containers however as a service to customers.
- Only eligible containers will be accepted. Find out which containers are eligible here.
- Containers need to have barcodes in order to be accepted.
- Empty cans and bottles before redeeming.
- Broken and/or crushed containers cannot be accepted.
- Leave the caps on! This helps to reduce bottle cap litter.
- Make sure your return location is open. We recommend calling ahead to confirm open redemption days and hours. Find a return location near you.
Metal, glass, and plastic beverage containers are eligible for a refund. Acceptable containers are 150ml to 3 liters when containing a carbonated beverage such as soda and 150ml to 2.5 liters when containing a non-carbonated beverage such as juice.
All of these items besides pouches can be recycled in curbside or public recycling bins.
Containers that are not eligible for a refund include those that are smaller than 150 milliliters, noncarbonated beverages larger than 2.5 liters or carbonated beverages larger than 3 liters.